What is CICOM-ISL?
An open enrollment business school for creating innovation through basic management subjects and MOT subjects
CICOM-ISL (Innovation Strategy and Leadership basic program) is an open enrollment business school recommended by MIT for enabling leaders expected to serve in the top tier of management in companies to hone the decision-making skills essential for management by evaluating business risks through the study of basic management subjects such as management strategy, marketing, accounting and finance, in addition to MOT (Management of Technology) subjects such as applied economics for engineers and innovation strategy.
CICOM-ISL is a school overseen by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management, which is renowned for founding MOT, and is operated by CICOM BRAINS, which has a solid reputation in training including the development of management personnel and the development of global human resources.
It is a high-standard open enrolment business school program recommended by MIT.
CICOM-ISL is a program that has followed in the path of the Executive Management of Technology (MOT) Program launched by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management and CICOM BRAINS (formerly CICOM International) in 2003 with support from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
Along with the high-quality curriculum overseen by the MIT Sloan School of Management, CICOM-ISL’s humorous top-level instructors boasting abundant practical experience and human development experience provide practical and immediate advice, leading to effective discussion.
Since the launch of the course, people selected and recommended by companies as the next generation of innovation leaders have repeatedly conducted passionate discussions while learning practical business skills along with basic knowledge on technology strategy, business administration, management and leadership, honing the decision-making skills that are essential for creating and managing businesses.
More than 2,000 former students who have completed the course and improved their skills through CICOM-ISL’s meaningful and high-level classes are now utilizing the results of the program in their respective fields.
We provide a platform for honing in-depth discussion and decision-making skills.
For companies to succeed in the rapidly changing global economy, they must constantly incorporate new ideas and approaches while continually making innovations that do not simply improve upon technology.
In order to achieve this, it is vital that the personnel lead an organization have the knowledge, skills and adaptability required for evaluating business risks and conducting management. They must also become businesspeople who create new business models, frameworks and innovative ideas suitable for the actual business environment.
CICOM-ISL provides a place for people to conduct in-depth study of the basic business skills related to the three following areas (innovation, strategy and leadership) that are essential for becoming the innovation leaders who will lead the next generation of companies, and to conduct in-depth discussions and develop leadership valuable for guiding companies in the future.
- In the rapidly changing and complex business environment of today, rapid, reliable and effective innovation is the key to achieving both profit and growth. However, it is impossible to introduce new products and services if an organization is unable to frequently produce creative ideas. CICOM-ISL addresses approaches and frameworks that provide hints for innovation, and provide a place to examine these in depth.
- It is not enough to simply come up with great ideas. In order to obtain the revenue to justify research and development expenses, it is necessary to not only develop products and technologies that match customers’ needs, but also guard the market from competitors. Innovations must be picked and chosen to ensure product strategies and technology strategies are successful. Moreover, it is necessary to simultaneously understand and respond to market dynamics and changes in technology. CICOM-ISL introduces frameworks that assist in such understanding, refining the applied skills for utilizing these in actual business.
- The key to innovative corporate leadership is ensuring managers utilize the capabilities of subordinates who have the skills and market knowledge required for innovation. It is necessary to adopt organization model concepts and approaches that are not restricted to the traditional structure in which a handful of top management personnel make decisions. Sharing individual issues and concerns with members of other organizations provides excellent opportunities to see a variety of other perspectives and find solutions. CICOM-ISL provides a place to learn approaches useful for making decisions about people and organizations, and to develop leaders who reflect upon their own leadership.
Program structure and overview of subjects
CICOM-ISL comprises 6 basic management subjects and 2 MOT (management of technology) subjects for honing the decision-making capabilities essential for creating and managing businesses in a high-quality curriculum overseen by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management.
Basic management subjects: Universal business subjects required for management
|Logical thinking and problem solving||Learn waste-free ways of thinking that make communication more efficient|
|Accounting||Gain knowledge of the assumptions for understanding and assessing corporate activities|
|Marketing||Practice drafting strategies for turning ideas into products and services, and introducing these into the market|
|Human resource management||Learn how to organize a team and build an innovative organization|
|Finance||Learn how to make optimal decisions concerning investment and financing|
|Management strategy||Refine decision-making on how to succeed in which field|
Basic MOT subjects: Management of technology subjects for utilizing technology as a strength in management
|Innovation strategy||Learn how to assess technologies and efficiently make decisions on making businesses based on them|
|Applied economics for engineers||Learn economic approaches that form the basis of all strategic decision-making|
Characteristics of CICOM-ISL
CICOM-ISL is an open enrollment business school for honing the decision-making and leadership skills essential for creating and managing businesses, which are required of innovation leaders bringing about the transformation of business.
- It is a participatory class emphasizing multidirectional communication and practical skills.
- CICOM-ISL employs a variety of lecture styles including interactive lectures, case method and workshops. Instructors with abundant practical experience and human resource development experience guide in-depth discussion and provide immediately useful advice. As active participation is required, the course not only teaches practical business skills, but also fosters independence and leadership.
- Efficient and rich lesson content assuming participants prepare for classes.
- All subjects require a considerable amount of preparation for each class. By studying case reports, practice questions and readings, and completing assignments before taking classes, it is possible to learn subjects in depth within a limited time frame.
- You can expect to expand your horizons and build a network of contacts by meeting people chosen by companies in different segments and industries.
- Many businesspeople chosen by Japanese and foreign companies participate in the course as part of their career path to top management, creating and maintaining a high level of motivation through friendly competition. The contacts created while attending the business school will also become valuable assets in the future.
- Enjoy an excellent follow-up program for refining your practical skills
- Completion of the program simply marks the beginning of putting the lessons into practice. True management ability is developed through continuous learning and the refinement of business skills by applying them to everyday operations. CICOM-ISL not only recommends studying multiple subjects and self-learning, but also provides a place for intellectual stimulation enabling participants to reflect on their studies and obtained new input through the provision of various seminars and training programs.
* Examples of follow-up programs
- Management personnel training
- Global training - Business English training
- Training of new and junior personnel
- Sales training
- Management forums, etc.
Entrance fee: ¥21,000 (per person/ inc. tax) *1
|1 subject||¥178,500||(¥168,000 course fees, ¥10,500 textbook expenses, inc. tax)|
|Simultaneous application for 5 subjects (Course spanning 2 years)||¥556,500||(¥504,000 course fees, ¥52,500 textbook expenses, inc. tax)|
|Simultaneous application for 6 subjects (Course spanning 2 years)||¥945,000||(¥882,000 course fees, ¥63,000 textbook expenses, inc. tax)|
|Simultaneous application for 8 subjects (Course spanning 2 years)||¥1,260,000||(¥1,176,000 course fees, ¥84,000 textbook expenses, inc. tax)|
*1 The entrance fee is only required when participating for the first time.
*2 The course spans a period of 2 years.
* If registered as a corporate member (corporate membership fee: ¥105,000, inc. tax), participants who apply through the company are exempt from entrance fees. Please contact the CICOM-ISL office for details.
TEL: 03-5294-5572 / FAX: 03-5294-5578
Akihabara Daibiru 6F, 1-18-13 Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0021