What are the desirable characteristics for female managers?
- Being a visionary
- Knowing the management mission
- Clarifying the team vision
- Being prepared to overcome all types of challenges to realize the vision
- Having the confidence to determine and stick to principles & goals
- Possessing the necessary experience to become a manager
- Supplementing lack of experience
- Deciding and acting with confidence
- Ability to exhibit leadership
- Leveraging past experiences and sense of values
- Exhibiting confident leadership while balancing own values with organizational direction and culture
- Understanding and challenging the male-centric corporate culture
- Recognizing minority status and the challenges it presents in the male-centric corporate culture
- Adapting to or confronting (exhibiting own values) the male-centric corporate culture
Enlarging the number of potential female managerial and executive candidates
- Ｑ. What stage is your company in now?
- In the process of building a system for women to succeed
- Tring to increase the number of female managerial candidates
- Regularly selecting from an established pool of female managerial candidates
- Regularly selecting from an established pool of female executive candidates
Training female managers or preparing an environment for women to succeed depends on the business and corporate culture.
Whatever the stage, expanding the pool of female managerial and executive candidates is the key to an organization’s success.
Given the current male-dominate environment, concrete action steps and goals must be established to expand the number of qualified female candidates. A consistent message must be sent throughout the entire organization and managers must be involved in the training process.